We do not wish to bombard you with a lot of information, but we have received a directive from His Eminence, Metropolitan JOSEPH which can be read at https://antiochian.org/
In summary of His Eminence’s letter:
- All Liturgical events such as Sunday School, Bible Study, meetings and choir rehearsal are cancelled until further notice.
- The Akathist Service on Fridays will be live-streamed only. The Great Compline and Pre-Sanctified Liturgies have been cancelled.
- Divine Liturgy on Sunday will also be live-streamed. Only the clergy and chanters will be in church.
This is in accordance with the CDC’s mandate no gatherings over 10 people.
If you wish to pray or light a candle in the church, please call the church office at 734-422-0010.
With kids out of school for the next few weeks, there are many resources online to help parents with their young and not so young children.
Here Below are a few links for you.
- Let Us Attend: Lessons on the Sunday Gospel for children of all ages
- Be the Bee: videos for children about all aspects of life in the Church
- Creative Arts Festival: is a great way to spend time at home learning and creating with your kids (projects due March 21st
Above all, be a good neighbor and continue to pray.
In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
O Lord God, Who is rich in mercy and with Your wise providence governs our life,
Hear our prayer. Receive our repentance for our sins and accept our supplication to keep our church safe,
our home safe, our city and all cities from this coronavirus and any other virus.
Protect the world from famine, flood and invasion of enemies and civil war.
We entreat You, O God, Who loves all people, to unite us and remove all wrath and disease against us.
Deliver us from any danger. Hear us O God, our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth, and of those who are
far off upon the sea; and show compassion on us O Master, on our many sins, have mercy on us.
Bless our homes, strengthen our parents and civil authorities and give us peace to fill our heart with faith so we can place our hope in You.
For You are a merciful and loving God, and to You we give glory, to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and forever and to the ages of ages.